Stadiums to Visit and to Avoid!
If I could go on a dream baseball roadtrip, I have a list of stadiums I would want to go to visit as well as one I’d just skip.
I want to go to……..
5. Great American ballpark (Cincinatti Reds). From watching my Brew Crew playing there often I think this park looks great. It’s known as a “home run launching pad.” I hear the food is great and it’s a very big visually interesting ballpark. It would be cool to see the Ohio River in the background in right field.
4. Oakland Coliseum (Oakland Atheletics). The A’s are my second favorite team because of BIlly Bean and his sabermetrics. This stadium just looks like a classic to me. The set up looks old fashioned which I find interesting and nostalgic. Although the fans do have a bad reputation there, it doesn’t stop me from wanting to go and check it out.
3. Coors Field (Colorado Rockies). When I was younger I called them the COWDOWADO WOKIES and my parents always loved to hear me say that. I’ve since grown out of that speech “issue”, thank God. That was really random, but yeah…. I think this field has an amazing backdrop with the towering Rocky Mountains that look majestic. (Wow, that sounds poetic.) Besides, a relative, Lance Painter, was drafted by and played for the Rockies for several years so I am biased to appreciate the team – even if they wear purple.
2. Busch Stadium (St. Louis Cardinals). I like seeing the the giant arch in the backround. Some of my friends have gone there and they said it was great with REALLY good food. YUM. Besides, I would like to go and heckle the team that is the arch nemesis of the Brewers. -Know thy enemy!
1. Fenway Park (Boston Red Sox). Just a classic park. Over 100 years old with red seats full of history. Who wouldn’t love seeing or sitting up in the Green Monster. This park is just awesome.
Of course I would finish this dream trip with a game at Miller Park-great stadium, great team, greatest fans!
Stadium NOT worth my presence!!! The loser is……..
MARLIN’S PARK!!!!! Who on Earth makes a park that isn’t kid friendly in some areas (especially left field)? Nightclub with pool, “dancers” and “body painting”?!?!?! Baseball should always be family friendly! If my mom or dad is covering my eyes, I can’t see the game! Also look at that hilarious home run celebration with rainbow colors and Marlins swimming behind bullet proof glass in center field. It’s tacky Vegas meets Carnival topped off with a bad team!!
Where would you go?